Thursday, June 08, 2006

Parents Teacher Session - Z

This morning we had the PTS with Z's teacher, Ms S. Z 's form teacher, Ms Liane were due to deliver so we had the session with the other teacher. I was disappointed but I do not want to delay his PTS. Anyway, whenever we pick up our children, Ms Liane will update me.

We looked at his file & progress book and were very happy with his progress. Teacher asked if we were concern with anything. We asked abt his interaction with his classmates, does he follow instructions etc. Ms S told us that Z interact/play well with his classmates. I was concerned for this coz when I asked him who does he play with, he always mention Joshie only. Ms S said that they are close to each other but when come to play, they will mix around with others. Ms L (another teacher) told us that he used to refused to wait for his turn but now he will patiently wait. His fav was doing puzzles, playing block & water play! Hmmm..... Very different when he's at home. He seldoms play with his blocks at home. He enjoys story time too.

I mentioned abt my concern when they go for their outdoor trips. I noticed that alot of attention were given to 1 of the students, eg. the boy likes to be carried. What if I am not with him for the trip (all these time, I always follow him for the trip so I was there for him)? Teacher's reply were don worry, we have enough teachers to handle. I was not very happy with the answer. Z is only beginning to talk and he can't express himself well. Sometimes I noticed that when the teacher has her attention on that boy, there's only 1 teacher left for the rest of the children. How will they handle it? Am I worrying too much? Maybe.... But we are talking abt a field trip. Our children safety come first. If the child is unable to be independant, then they should ask for a caretaker to come along ( that's what they have been doing, but I wonder why that boy doesn't need a caretaker). That's what I have been doing, I followed him for all his trip. When they went to the bird park, I do not need to follow him for trip but coz he didn't have a gd sleep the nite before, I decided to go . I do not want the teachers to spend time carrying my boy and neglecting the rest. I'll probably talk to his form teacher when she comes bk but meantime, I'll have to follow him for the trip.

Time passes very fast.... Z has been in school for a yr now. I am very happy that he is learning alot in school. Teachers are helping me to toilet train him now and when he is at home, he wears underwear only so hopefully he will be off the training pants very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are very proud of Z....hmm...if I were you, I wouldn't be happy with an answer like that...that is also one main issue I have the Rays' childcare too.......I guess every school is the same hor....don't worry, I am sure Z will be off the diaper very soon!!!

LZmommy said...

Very proud of him! Hehehe.. Not shy..

Ya... Every school will have different problems. Hopefully we can resolve it soon.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies