Monday, July 30, 2007

It Hurt....

I was very upset with him... While I was cooking dinner, he came in and asked for a toy/fix a toy. I told him that I was busy cooking and will help him later and he can ask jiejie to help him. You know what he said?

Z :"Hm! You are not my mommy! You never do it!"

It is so hurting.... My little boy said that to me... I stared at him in disbelieved and continued with my cooking. He was still standing there and knew he said something bad. He was quick to apologise but he has hurt me.... I stopped my cooking and talked to him. I told him he hurt me and I was very sad. He came forward, kissed and hugged me (one of the things I love abt him is that he is always quick to sense that he did something wrong and will apologise without prompting).

Z : sorry mommy... I love you...
me: I am very sad.. How can you say that to me?
Z: Sorry mommy... I want you mommy. Please forgive me ok? I love you

With that said little face, followed by a sweetest smile, how not to forgive him?

I have never thought that my boy would say that to me... Here I was rushing to cook for them and he said that to me. Have I not done enough for them? Whatever I do, I place them as my top priority. This is what I get when I said no for something that is so trivial.... My dear son, I hope this is the only time that you blurt that out. You don't know how much you hurt me... This time, mommy forgive you but please don't ever say that to me ok? When I continued with my cooking, tears rolled down my eyes...

Anyway, Let's talk about happy thing. What does Z do when Jiejie having her swimming lesson? Sometimes, when I'm not lazy, I will let him have fun at the baby pool or play his toy cars/gameboy while waiting. Whenever I tell him that he will be dipping in the pool, he will get all excited! I am usually very busy on the day that L go for swimming coz I need to cook dinner earlier and pack it along so that he can have his dinner there.

8 comments:

shopaholic said...

I can totally understand your feelings of being hurt especially by your dear child. He is sensible at the same time to know that it was wrong. Perhaps it was at the spur of the moment he blurted that coz he was engrossed with the toy.

Anonymous said...

Seems like Z having fun in the pool. Don't be sad. At least think he know he shouldn't say it. And its sweet of him that he sayang you back. :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Kids will be kids, they will just blurt out whatever in their mind. Another way of looking at it, he is learning that words can hurt a person's feeling, especially the Love one.

Do not despair and let this put down all your effort.

Remember : Behind every cloud lies a silver lining... : )

Just my thoughts.

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

I don't think he really meant what he said....they usually don't say things to hurt us...it's probably something he picked up.

It's sure hurting to hear those words esp from those you gave everything up for....but take it from me, he doesn't mean it and he relaly LOVES you and that's what matters dear! take care ya!

Anonymous said...

LZmommy, I am sure your son didn't mean what he said because he immediately knows that he had said something wrong. For a child, he usually said what was in his heart. very innocent not like adult will think and said more carefully. It is good that you put down your cooking and talk to him. This will help him to think and know what can be said and how to be more tactful.

Sometimes, Grace would say "I don't love you" to her grandparents but I (and they) know that she is joking with them and didn't mean it. But I do not like such joke so I will always tell her that certain things can be taken as a joke, some cannot. And things like what she has just said cannot. She understood and tried her best not to say it again.

Don't be upset anymore... I am sure he didn't mean it that way... just that kids are more easily excited and disappointed and cannot control their emotions well...

LZmommy said...

Thank you Ladies :) I feel better after reading all your comments. I'm sure my son doesn't mean it and he has been saying "I love you" more than usual since then :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Z is so sweet, even know how to say things like "please forgive me". Perhaps i shd teach my gals to say this too....and i shd also learn to say this to my gals too when i snap at them.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Z is so sweet, knows how to say "pls forgive me". Perhaps i shd teach my gals to say this too.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies