Friday, July 20, 2007

Racial Harmony Day

The school celebrated Racial Harmony Day and most of the children were dressed in their traditional costumes.

L was told to talk about a traditional dish. She asked what kind of traditional dish does Hokkien has. Daddy suggested Hokkien fried noodle and wrote a list of ingredients and method for her to present to the class. She told me she was very nervous while doing the presentation but she managed. Teachers praised her for a job well done. I asked her if anyone else did the presentation and she said she was the only one. Hmmm.... This was not the 1st time she did what the teachers asked her to and she was the only one that follows. I think I better check with the teachers.

Z was very proud to wear his Chinese costume. The weather was hot but he didn't complain! The class celebrated Maxx's birthday too. I asked him if he would share the goodie bag with jiejie and he said yes.

They had pizzas and some other goodies in school. Funny right? I thought they would be having different race traditional food. I'm sure if they asked parents, we would happily come up with it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see kids having fun on such days... Too bad we do not have such activities here... Make me miss Singapore even more... I so wish Darrius can be part of such activities in the future...

Anonymous said...

wah, tough hor, still want the kid to talk about their traditional dish.

Anonymous said...

btw, you just been tagged

you have been awarded the rocking girl blogger award.....

enjoy!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies