Saturday, July 14, 2007

Snip Snip Snip

This was the 1st time I cut Z's hair. For L, I had only trim her fringe. Since we are not going out this weekend, I thought why not give it a try and when he is older, I'm sure he wouldn't allow me to do that. If it is a failure, nobody would notice or laugh at him and at leasrt I tried.

When I asked him, he happily said ok. So we went to toilet with a stool and then I snip snip snip! He wasn't wearing any T-shirt nor a towel to cover his body. He started complaining hair over his body, his face and on his lap. During the session, L was there giggling and helping to coax the brother.

Z : Mommy, are you done?
Me : Not yet....

1 minute later...

Z : Mommy, are you done? Why take so long? Very itchy!
Me : Soon.... See? Mommy yet to cut this side and it is longer than the other side. You want to look handsome right?
Z : OK.... Can you hurry up please?

Another minute passed

Z : Mommy, are you done? I don't want to be handsome. Very itchy!
Me : Ok ok..... Finishing soon.... Please let me finish it. Let me rinse for you first then you will feel better.

After the rinse, He allowed me to continue for another 5 mins or so. Then we repeated the above conversation ....

After the haircut, he looked at the mirror and he seemed quite satisfied. We then chatted on the bed

Me : Can mommy cut your hair again?
Z : Yes... NO!
Me : Why? Mommy likes to cut your hair. I had fun! (I love to tease him) Can I cut 2 more times please?
Z (he put his hand under his chin and think) : One more time ok mommy? Just 1 time only.
Me : C'mon.... Look at you now, don't you think you are very handsome? And I can't cut jiejie's hair, she wants to keep it long.

Negotiation went on for few more minutes

Z : OK! Just 2 times only. Not 3 or 4 times ok? 2 times only! (showing me 2 fingers)
Me : Thank you! The next time, you will wear your clothes and you will feel more comfortable.

My boy does give in to me too. Hehehe.... I better treasure the 2 chances that he is giving me ;) Maybe this will be the one and only time that I'm cutting his hair.

4 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

I think we really 心有灵犀..hee : P

I also SNIP anders hair on Sunday.
His is really BOTAK...haha : 0

astee

Everyday Healy said...

LOL! mummy, bring him to salon and cut the real handsome hair style ler.... :(

Anonymous said...

Hi LZmommy, you can try to use newspaper, cut a hole big enough for his head to go thru and then cut his hair. This help to prevent the hair to tickle him :) well done!

LZmommy said...

Jean
Thanks for the suggestioin :) I tried using newspaper and he complained dirty *_*

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies