Saturday, September 22, 2007

Graduation

Today is the BIG day for my little princess :) A day that LZdaddy & me look forward to! Weeks of practice and we finally get to see it today!

We arrived school @ 1435hr as she needs to report at 1500hr. The concert began at 1600hr and it is free seating. I think all parents think alike, be there early to get good seats. There was already people queuing to go into the hall! We were glad that we were early too. At 1515hr, we were allowed to go into the hall and how glad I was! It was very hot queuing outside especially with Z in tow. I asked Z what would he do when he sees jiejie coming out and he said he would cheered very loudly for her! And he did just that! "Jiejie! Jiejie!" :)

At 1600hr, everyone was seated down and the concert began.... The Principal, Pastor and an Educator gave speeches before the kids perform. The children marched in from the back of the hall.. Have you ever seen 160 children all dressed in white? It was fantastic! The ceremony definitely began with a BANG! It was emotional event too.... I teared when I saw my girl marched in and I teared when I heard the speech made by the Principal..... Then I teared when it was my girl's turn to give the welcome speech :) She looked so beautiful! She didn't made any mistakes at all and she looked so confident :) As the stage can't accommodate 160 children, L's class was honoured to be standing on the stage. They sang songs and hymes....

Then we waited patiently for L's class to perform as there was 8 classes graduating.. They were the last class to perform and it is the best performance of all. *proud* mommy ;) Hehehe.... She never told me that her partner, Michael will be hugging her! Not once, but many times! She was very happy when she was performing and I can sensed that she truely enjoyed it :) There was a part of the dance where Michael teased her and hold her waist! It made all the parents laugh! Gagaga.....

The best part of the concert was when she put on the robe... I teared again when I saw her on stage receiving her cert... I can't believe it that my girl is coming to 6 yrs old! She looks gorgeous and and I am proud to be there for her :) I know I will never forget today.... Some might say it's no big deal (that's one parent told me), saying that they are just graduating from K2... To me, today is a very special day! She is moving on to her next phase of her life and I want to be there for her.

After the ceremony, all the children came out again to sing more songs & hymes.. It was over at 6+pm..... The principal, teachers and the children had put in lots of efforts to make this day a very memorable one. Thank you :) We had dinner @ Mushroom Pot (my kids love it there) to celebrate :)

ps: The pics and video will be posted later. So do come back to check it out :)

6 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

I believe every parents, espcially mommy, will be very proud to see their children graduate,regardless Kindergarten or formal education... : )

I felt your joy as well and emotion as i read..very proud of L too.

looking forward to the video & photos..
cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

It would be Damien's turn next year...i can feel your pride and emotions too...:)

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. so sweet. I can imagine you tearing as you hear all those speech and watching your little princess saying it. You are such a wonderful mom!

BTW, which school did your princess graduated from??

Anonymous said...

Wow, so good. Waiting for the pics and videos.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your little princess ! You must be so proud of her.

Unknown said...

Wow ... how time flies! I can feel your joy too! You should be proud of her and yourself too! I think you did a very good job in raising your 2 kids. :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies