Monday, September 03, 2007

M&M's Chocolate Cookie

I bought 1 packets of the M&M's yesterday and Z asked if we can make cookies today. Without thinking, I said OK.... Since morning, LZ has been asking when we are going to bake and so we started baking in the afternoon...

Recipe from M&M's

Ingredients:

- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar *I used slightly less*
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup M&M
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Methods:

- preheat oven to 180C/350F
- lightly grease cookie sheet
- cream butter & sugars till light and fluffy
- combine flour, cocoa powder, salt & baking soda, mix well
- Add it to cream mixture
- Stir in M&M and nuts
- place abt tbs each onto tray, then bake in oven for 12-14mins for chewy cookies or 14-16mins for crispy cookies
- cool 1 min on tray then cool on wire rack

We tried both the chewy and crispy ones and we find that the chewy ones taste better.

We started munching on it as soon as it was out of the oven! If you have time, do try it out with your kids :) Not only my LZ love it, my friend's kids (I gave some to them) love it too!

5 comments:

blurblur said...

I love m&m chocolate...this looks yummy! :)

It's been awhile since i last visit your blog *busy busy*...and your girl has grown a lot...she's getting prettier! :)

Anonymous said...

everything i come to you blog i get hungry.....you know why??? cos you always post all these lovely looking cookies....whahahahaha....kekeke

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks yummy!! I think I can try this. ;p

LZmommy said...

Blurblur
Xiexie :) When you have settled in to being a SAHM, you can try baking this with Damien... :)

Jan
Hahaha... If I ever get a chance to meet you then I will bake for you ok? :)

WokkingMum
Do try it out with Gorgor and Meimei :) Hope they will like it.

Suzie said...

looks yummy! will definitely try this with my kids. will post it when its done. thx for sharing :)

p.s. can we not have this word verification thing. blur queen like me everytime got to do 2, 3 times before i enter correctly. very irritating :lol: sorry...just my feedback....

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies