Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Growing Up

When L was a baby/toddler, she was very fussy with her food. She was not keen to try out new food when we were out and it always took me a long time to convince her. When we were out eating, she would eat plain white rice or I have to prepare home cooked food. I think people might have thought that I was ill-treating my girl (when they see her eating plain rice). My family or friends would laugh abt it. I felt lousy.... But I never give up cooking different kinds of food, ordering different dishes for her to try and I have never force her. I know one day she would enjoy different kind of food.

Slowly, she began to enjoy it. I think partly due to her brother. Z, unlike L, loves to eat. She enjoys what I cooked and if I cook a new dish, she is willing to eat it and always give my positive comments. She used to dislike ketchup or anything cook with tomato sauce but now, she would ask for it as a dipping sauce or ask if I can cook pasta with tomato sauce. Whenever we go to Swensen or any western food restaurants, she would ask if they serve spaghetti bolognaise. :)

Last Friday (28th Sep), we had dinner at our favourite Japanese Restaurant. I ordered a set hamachi (yellowtail) sushi and when they served it, she asked "mommy, is this sushi?" . I told her that is raw fish sushi and if she like to try it. She said yes.... I thought she would spit it out as soon as she had the 1st bite but I was wrong! She gobbled down the whole thing and asked for 2nd piece! Then I asked her if she like me to order another set she said "YES!". This is the 1st time she had raw fish and she love it! I am sooooo HAPPY!

One of the food she likes since young is vegetables. I never have problem getting her to eat veggies, especially the leafy ones. I am always the proud mommy whenever we eat out with our friends and their kids. They asked how did I get my girl to eat veggies :) She likes lettuce too. When we have salad, she would have it without dressing (very healthy right?) and she have it with another of her favourites, cucumber :)

My sweetie... I hope you know mommy loves you very much and I am always so proud of you.

2 comments:

mama WnW said...

You must be very proud of her :)
I hope my sons will enjoy food too!
Too bad, they like snacks! :(

Anonymous said...

It's good that she likes veggies. Some of the kids don't like veggies.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies