Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Visit To New School

This was L's first visit to her primary school. We were there to fill forms required by MOE & school and also a short 'interview' with a teacher. She was very excited for the past few days. As we were walking toward the school,

I asked L : Are you excited?
L : No....
I was worried for a moment, why is she not excited?
Me : Why?
L : Mommy, I am not excited but nervous (smile).
Me : Are you worried about meeting the teacher?
She nodded
Me: Don't worry Sweetie, she will ask you to read. You do it like what you did at home ok?
L: OK (smile)

When we went in, she was busy looking everywhere :) As we were last (by appointment), the school was very quiet. She was led into a room (with a teacher) as soon as we arrived. Then another staff explained to us what we need to fill in. Z was exploring the place while we were doing that. Less than 10 mins, L was back with us. I asked her how was the 'interview' and she told me she read out words from a paper.

Then we went to get her school uniforms. When she tried on the uniform, I took some pics of her.
The auntie (who sell uniform) said : 第一个孩子?
Me: 对呀! 你怎么知道? I asked silly question
Auntie: 哎呀! 每个妈妈的第一个孩子都是这样的。 都说auntie等一下,让我拍照。

I don't want to miss it of coz! This was her very first time wearing her primary school uniform. Auntie is wrong about one thing, I am very sure I will take pic of Z when it is his turn :) Anyway, the skirt was too long (almost to her ankle). L laughed and I did too :) The auntie said we were supposed to alter it to 2cm below knee. I have to keep that in mind.... I will have it alter at a later date, so that it will fit her when school starts.

I think she likes her new school environment :) , though she never says it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be like u when Ethyl gets to wear her first proper school uni :)

Suzie said...

dont you feel proud to see them in school uniform?*sigh* how they've all grown.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies