Saturday, October 06, 2007

What Happen When You.....

This is what happened when you touch an IRON.... I was ironing clothes and I have warned him not to touch it. When I came out from the toilet (I went to take some water to top up the iron), I saw him holding his hand. I sensed something was wrong.... I asked him if he touched the iron and he kept quiet. I opened up his hand and I saw the redness on his finger. My heart ache.... Instead of scolding him, I put his finger under running water and then put cream for him.

I hope he (& jiejie) has learnt his lesson and I'm sure he will not touch it anymore (I hope)... This happen in the morning before his concert. He insisted that I put a plaster for him and I did.

11 comments:

Mamabliss said...

awww...that must have been awfully painful for the little one...

come, come, aunty Pauline *SAYANG*...

hope Z gets well soon...

Anonymous said...

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!!! So painful!!!

I learnt from my mom, that when scalded or burnt, use toothpaste on the affected area and do not let the wound run under the tap. Heard it would be even more painful.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

I have the same problem with Anders. When i am ironing, he will come near to my ironing board and want to touch the iron. Told him many times to stay away..i think one day he will experience the same... : P

Btw, you are tagged.
http://famtan.blogspot.com/2007/10/tag-autograph-book.html

cheers,
astee

Suzie said...

oh dear...yeah that's what i heard too - abt wht fannie wrote. but i hope its healed by now.

Par said...

You should keep him away from the iron or take the iron with you, if he touch it with his hand, what if he touch it with other parts... thats not good.

LHS said...

oh, gosh, poor boy.
My jo had similar touched before, but we had to send him to paed. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh poor boy... it is really painful for him... hope he really learns his lesson not to touch the iron again.. get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it looks painful! Is he better now?

LZmommy said...

Thank you Ladies :) His blisters has dried up and he has stayed away from the iron ever since then :)

Clement said...

Hi LZmommy. Dropped by your blog from Astee's, and chanced upon this post. Being an SCDF officer myself, I feel compelled to direct you to this advisory for burns and scalds -> http://www.scdf.gov.sg/Community_and_CD_Volunteers/Learn_Civil_Defence/First_Aid/firstaid02.html

Well, the actions you had taken were mostly correct, though you ought to have avoided the cream and just used light bandage or gauze over the wound to prevent infection.

Glad that the boy has recovered. And learnt his lesson too! :)

LZmommy said...

Clement
Thanks for dropping by :) Thank you for the link and I will read on it. Better to be equipped with the knowledge :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies