Sunday, November 04, 2007

He Is Growing Fast

I haven't been a good mommy lately.... I didn't realised that his shoes are a little tight for him now.... You see, he has been wearing the shoes himself for a long time... The other day, he wanted me to help him as he has difficulty wearing his shoes. Then I realised he has grown so much!

In term, of academic, he is doing very well... He can sounds out the words quite easily, using phonics. He is able to spell Monday to Sunday and 1 to 10. He is pretty good with spelling as his school homework requires him to write the day. He is also copying sentences, using 1 finger spacing :) I am able to leave him alone to complete his homework on his own, including chinese homework. If he is not sure, he will ask jiejie. After that, I will go through with him. He is quite good with the strokes (chinese writing). Sometimes, if he not sure how to write (simple words), all I have to do is to tell him the strokes.

For Maths, I am teaching him simple addition & subtraction and number bonds. I have not been teaching L much when she was younger as I was busy then (Z was still a baby) and I leave it to the school. Now, I regretted it.... I would like to spend more time teaching both and I don't want to have another regret....

He is still keen on doing his puzzle, something that he likes since toddler. He would rather fix puzzle or play his toys than to watch TV. He likes to read books too.... Though not very good :) He tries reading the Bible with daddy on alternate night as jiejie and him take turn. He also likes to take out his reading books (Chinese & English) from school and go through most of them.

So today after church service, we went shoes hunting ;) When I tried looking at clothes, he said "mommy, we look at shoes! Not clothes!" . Hahaha.... My handsome, mommy is very proud of you! Keep it up ok? :) And mommy will check on your shoes every few months, to make sure you have comfortable shoes ;)

1 comments:

Little Impala said...

Wow... Z knows so much already!!
Hey, lzmommy! You have done a good job in teaching both L and Z! Give yourself a pat!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies