Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bento #31

Bento #31
Left: rice with seeweed. Right: watermelon, steamed broccoli & carrot & fried quail egg wrapped with pork.

I was flipping through my bento books and found the quail egg so cute. I decided to make this for her this morning, knowing that my girl would love it :)

LZdaddy was very impressed with the bento this morning :) He reminded me to take a pic of it. Usually he would mumble why I need to spend so much time preparing bento and he said why not just put in bread and jams, but now I think he understands :) He saw how happy his girl was when she saw the bento.

When L came home, she told me that she didn't finished her food. She wanted to but the school had a false fire alarm. She was in the midst of eating her food during recess and the alarm went off. She quickly packed up and went to the parade square, only to find out that it was a false alarm. She went back to the canteen to try to finish her food but before she could, the bell rang.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LZmommy, take me please! adopt me please! Can you be my mommy?

Ohhhh how I love your bentos...

you know I am a Japanese food crazy little woman!

J@n!ce said...

Jane, its way too nice to stomach it lah... OMG, love the hello kitty you used garnishes to make it?

How bad the school got a false alarm & your sweetie didn't get time to finish the food.

She is such a darling & came home to tell you abt it. I bet she knew how much time mummy spend on making the bento just for her.

You are really a supermom :)

Rachel said...

LZmommy...your bento is a great as the Japanese's one! so creative! So beautiful..

LZmommy said...

Angeline
Hahaha.... You are so cute! Thank you for your compliments :)
As you can see, we are Japanese food lovers too!

Janice
I used stencil and seaweed to get the shape of the HK.

Lucky it doesn't happen often, otherwise I would complain to the school. She told me maybe worried that I scold her. Haha!

Blessed Mum
My bento also learn from books lah... :) I am not that creative :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies