Thursday, May 15, 2008

Her Results

On Tuesday, L told me her results for Maths & English and Wednesday, she got the results for Chinese. I am very happy with her results, not perfect scores but it is a a good results for her first exams. Now, we will have to see her results for her listening comprehension for both English & Chinese. I will have to wait till 22nd to find out :) First thing she asked when she got her results was whether she can go for the trip. The trip is definitely a motivation for her! :D

She did very well for her English and for Maths, I think she can do better than this. There were careless mistakes. Hmmm... Seems like my nagging is not enough (to check & check), I have to nag more! Oh dear! I am like an old woman! Gagaga....

L did better than expected for her Chinese. I thought she may do poorly for it, as she was having high fever on that day. When I look through her paper, I saw that she made mistakes she shouldn't have (we did those before). She realised that too.... I never scold her.... I know how terrible she felt that day when she had fever. Sweetie, mommy is very HAPPY with your result! I am sure you will do even better for your year end exams.

Before I forget, they are now separated into 3 groups for Chinese and she is selected again by teacher to be a group leader :) She is in charge of collecting the Chinese storybooks too. Sometimes, when I am in school, I hear her classmates calling her monitress instead of her names. I am so proud to be a monitress's mommy ;) By now, most of her classmates knows who I am and sometimes they call me "L's mommy" instead of "auntie" and I like that :) At times, they are very excited when they see me in the library too.

Nowadays, I don't have to worry about her school bag. She has set a routine for herself, she pack her bag before she goes to bed or if she knows that we are going out that evening and may be home late, she will pack it before we go out. When she comes home from school, she will take out the papers that I need to sign. If I tell her later, she would 'nag' till I sign it :p She will also clear out stuffs like the bento bag & her water bottle.

I am very happy that everyday she has so much to tell me about her school life and most important is that she enjoys school :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girl is such independent girl . :)

For primary school in S'pore, parents can go into the school during school hours? I don't think it's allowed in M'sia.

Rachel said...

I'm so impressed by L's independence!

And well done L for your first exam!

Anonymous said...

Great Job L!

Angie said...

Your princess is really a darling. I am sure your lovely bentos made her feel real good about school and herself. And all the high self esteem is reflected in her independence and motivation.

MomsyWorld said...

im so impressed by L. at such tender age, she is so independent...u did a good job, Jane :)

eastcoastlife said...

Glad that things returned to normal and that the kids are back in school.

Don't pressure them too much hor.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies