Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Lunch Date & A Movie

Once a week, LZdaddy and I would have breakfast together, he send me to L's school for my duties. Breakfast at hawker center or coffee shop. I'm not complaining and we appreciate the time spent together :)

It has been some time since we went for a nice lunch together. This afternoon, we managed to have a nice lunch at Aston's Specialties. We always see long queue outside the restaurant and we never like to queue for it. Today we passed the place again and we saw there wasn't any queue at all! LZdaddy knew I have been wanting to try the food there so off we went into the restaurant :) I knew he would like to go there to as the name Aston reminded him of his years in UK :)


I ordered Ribeye Xtra Cut and LZdaddy had the Hickory BBQ Chicken, which the server recommended us. Each main course comes with 2 side orders that you can choose from their selection. It was delicious! And the price is very reasonable too. My steak coast only $15.90 and the chicken at only $5.90. Now we know why there's always a long queue :) We will definitely go there with LZ the next time :)

119/121 East Coast Road
S'pore 428806
Tel: 62477857, 63462131
Opening hours: 11.30AM to 11PM
Closed on 1st Monday of every month

After lunch, we picked LZ up from their enrichment classes (they usually have the class on weekday but we missed it coz of the trip). We wanted to go somewhere else but it was going to rain so we decided to watch a movie instead. LZdaddy bought the tickets for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. which I wasn't that keen on. I was worried that LZ, especially Z might not sit quietly throughout movie or they will feel bored. I was wrong! They love it and so do I! Ok ok.... From now on, I must trust my man to make decision like this :)

*Pic from the official website*

4 comments:

allthingspurple said...

such a thoughful husband to make it a point to spend some quality time with you.

And i cant wait for Ashley to grow up so that we can go to the movies. ha ha. she dislike loud and sudden noises so right now its not the right time now

Rachel said...

hey..i went there too last sat and ordered the x-cut too! Great mind thinks alike, erh?!

I found out that they used to operate from the coffee shop next door. Their business was so good that they had to expand!

blurblur said...

It always feel so good to spend time as a couple right? :)

The last time hubs and me had breakfast together was...oh my, was it before botak's arrival??? That's so long ago right, i wonder when will be our next breakfast together...

eastcoastlife said...

Aston food is reasonable and yummy. I have been there several times and my kids love it.

I'm so touched by your messages and prayers for my son. My family and I are very grateful. Thank you. :)

I can smile today. Yippee!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies