Sunday, May 11, 2008

On Mother's Day....


This morning, my babies woke me up with BIG hugs & kisses! Each holding a flower that they made or bought. How sweet! Did you see the flower that L was holding? That's the ones she bought from school :) The flower that Z gave me was done in school and he brought it back home on Friday. The pressie is a wallet from daddy :) Thereafter, Z gave a good massage (I get it quite often from both, hehe!) and L was 'excused' from it ;-) Haiz... Now she is having cough... I am thinking of getting vitamins for them, especially for L.

How time flies.... I am a mommy for almost 7 yrs! I always feel guilty towards L.... I spent less time breastfeeding her. Most of the time, I pumped the milk and my teat was so sored. She has problem latching on and as a inexperienced mommy back then and without any help, I gave up after 3 months. I gave her some when I breastfed Z but think that was not good enough. This is something that I regretted most. I think it was due to that her health is not that good, I should have breastfed her longer.

After the experience with L, I told daddy that no matter, he must encourage me to breastfeed Z longer, at least 6 months. I did that, for 1 1/2yrs. I was so proud of myself! It wasn't smooth sailing though.... I had to breastfeed Z every 2 hours, cook lunch, do housework (we do not have a maid), play with L etc etc... Personally, I don't like having a maid around, so we never have one. We ordered tingkat dinner for the first 5 months but the food was horrible so I started cooking when Z started on solids at 5+ months. I think without hubby support & help, I would have gone bonkers! Thank you, my dear :) As time goes, things were easier for me :)

Sometimes I wonder if I have done well as a mommy.... For certain things, I think I am. For those things I think I am not doing good enough, I will improve on that. There are times that I regretted for what I did. My babies, please accept my apology. Mommy promises you both that I will strive to be a better mom. Most important, I want you both to be happy and I love you both :)

Happy Mother's Day to All and a Happy Mother's Day to myself :)


PS: Forgot to mention that I cut her fringe today & mine too! Saved some $! My girl is very happy that I did a good job ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you! 1 1/2 years, that's great achievement.

for my case, my MIL forbade me to breastfeed my first child. it was tough and horrible, if you want to know how I fought the 'lost' battle, its in my post called 8 objections to breastfeeding...

I'm glad for your case its just inexperience that's causing the guilt....let the bad feeling go...you are still a great mommy!

never like maid too. so no matter how hard live goes for us, with Allan working alone to support the entire household, we will not get a maid (so that I could go work)

Angeleyes said...

Without any doubt you are a great mommy. Happy Mother's Day to you Jane!

Rachel said...

So so sweet of LZ and LZdaddy!

blurblur said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Jane! :)

Ahh...now i know why you said we sound so alike..hee hee...we both have guilty feelings towards our first borns...but i'm sure we have made it up by showering them with loads of love and care...:)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Looking at L, i think you did a great job. So don't be too hard on yrself. (ps: i also nvr did BF my 2 chdren for more than 2 months, so i shud "knock my head against the wall"..hee : P)

Also Mothers are just humans, we do make mistakes and we learn everyday..so give yourself a BIG PAT..u already done a very, very GOOD JOB, by my standard... : )

cheers,
astee

J@n!ce said...

I'm so proud of you to take care of your 2 kids alone without any help. I remembered i ordered tingkat dinner when I took care of Zac alone too.

I fully breastfeed Zac for 2 yrs till I'm pregnant with Amos. For the latter, it was slightly less than a year & only partial breastfeed.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies