Friday, May 16, 2008

Oreo Cheesecake

Thanks to Pauline for sharing the website with a wonderful Oreo Cheesecake recipe. When I saw that Janice make it too and she said it was yummy, I told myself I must find time to make it too. I love oreos!

I baked it with Z's help yesterday when L was taking a nap. He was so eager to eat it but it wasn't ready till after he went to bed :p The next day, LZ tried it but they didn't like it :( They never like cheesecake so I wasn't surprised at all. I was hoping that with oreos in it, they will like it. My nephew and niece who came over to our house this afternoon tried it and they love it. Are you guys telling the truth? :) Personally, I like it too! LZdaddy yet to try it but he promised me he would do that later :)

I gave almost half of it to Michelle and her 3 little ones. Michelle's princesses are my tasters :) I received good review from them ;) When I smsed Michelle to remind her to put in the fridge hours later (how forgetful!), she told me that her little ones finished it as soon as they got home! Gagaga...

Non-bake Oreo Cheesecake

If you like oreos, then you must try this! I posted the recipe here for my own reference.

(makes one 18cm cake)

Ingredients (base) :
- 110g digestive biscuits, chopped into fine crumbs
- 40g melted butter

(Filling) :
-250g cream cheese, room temperature
-45ml milk
-50g icing sugar
-1 tbsp vanilla essence or rum I used vanilla essence
-8 oreo cookies (coarsely chopped)
-4 oreo cookies (finely chopped)
-250ml whipping cream
-1tbsp gelatin powder
-10ml lemon juice
-3 tbsp boiling water

Method :
1. mix biscuit crumbs & melted butter together and press firmly onto the base of cake tin. chill for 30 minutes.
2. beat whipping cream with electric beaters until 70% stiff or until mousse-like.
3. double-boil gelatin, lemon juice & boiling water until totally dissolved. keep warm.
4. beat cream cheese, icing sugar, milk and vanilla essence until smooth & creamy. blend in gelatin solution.
5. blend in whipping cream.
6. pour 1/2 the cheese mixture onto the base. chill for another 15 minutes.
7. stir in finely chopped cookies into the other 1/2 of the mixture. mix well.
8. sprinkle coarsely chopped cookies on top of the first half of cheese mixture.
9. pour in the other half of the cheese mixture.
10. chill for 3 to 4 hours before serving. decorate as desired. I put a layer of finely chopped oreo crumbs over the top as decoration


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. Your comments couldn't get through at my site, and I haven't been able to EVEN comment at your site....Hmmmmm....

At least now I'm able to type...

"I LOVE OREO!"

Rachel said...

No kidding you, its really very nice!
I surprise its so simple, must make it one day too...if daddy can let me go...gagaga

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, your Oreo Cheesecake looks so YUMMILICIOUS!!!! I am seriously salivating now teehehe *slurp*

I love this Oreo Cheesecake too... but my hubby said it was a tad too rich for his liking...so looks like i won't be making it too often... :(

J@n!ce said...

Its really easy to make n yummy right? You know, I actually make the cake 3 times now... LOL :D

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies