Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bento #57 & #58

Bento #57 - LZdaddy's bento

Bento #57
From left, clockwise: Rice with parsley, chicken & prawn paste sesame balls (2 layers), stir fry extra fine beans with carrots, Japanese grapes, cherries (bottom), chilli padi(yellow container) and small container of soya sauce.


Bento #58 - L's bento

Bento #58
Top tier: stir fry extra fine beans with carrots, ketchup (blue container) and minced chicken & prawn paste sesame balls. Bottom tier: irani sushi (tofu pouches with rice) and Japanese grapes.


Both the bento have almost the same items. I wanted to put more into L's box to fill up the gap but I know it will be wasted coz that will be too much for her. She complained why daddy has cherries and she doesn't have. I told her she has been having cherries for the past 2 bento-s so it would be nice for a change and I promised her more cherries this afternoon. smile

I woke up very early today, I think it was 5+ coz little beanie thinks mommy needs to vomit before cooking. sad After spending 15 mins in the toilet, I started preparing the chicken balls. I should have prepared the balls last night but I was too tired. While I was making the prawns paste, Z woke up. Oops! Must be the grinding too loud. I told him to go back to bed and he said he felt very fresh! rolleyes 15 mins later, he was fast asleep on my bed.

Back to my cooking..... After preparing the balls, I put in the oven to bake it and started frying the beans. The chicken is healthy coz I baked it and it was my first time doing it. LZdaddy woke up and couldn't resist it. smile He said he liked it! Phew!

I bought the grapes yesterday with Blessed Mum (Rachel's Mum) and it's expensive! It cost slightly more than $10 for a small box but it is really very sweet. Talking about Michelle, I gonna miss talking to her coz she will be away for few weeks and our kids will have less chatting time too. Michelle, must ask your hubby bring Rachel & Charmaine to church ya! smile And you come back fast fast! Hehehe....

8 comments:

Rachel said...

wow..I shall now crown you the Queen of Bento! *clap clap*

Gonna miss you too *wink* ...thinks other thot we are leb!

Please take care of yourself now with little beanie in there...

Rachel said...

hey..just saw the new widget! so cute!!!!

also, LZmommy, for some reason, I couldn't enlarge to see your photos leh..why har?

Angeline said...

Seriously, I'm hands down to your persistence in doing Bento for your family day after day and especially when you are so not well now...

Unknown said...

wow.. did you know that it never occurred to me to bake the chicken shrimp balls? baking is going to be so much healthier.. thanks for the great idea LZmommy :). have a wonderful weekend

LHS said...

really salute you, you're definitely a great mother and wife :)

Jacss said...

it's great that yr huby appreciated yr effort...didn't he mind having to operate those cute mini bottles...hahaha, i know it's no big deal..but i hv a feeling my huby won't like to deal with it, maybe only chauvinist like that!
i like d sesame balls, will try out!

sunshinensunflower said...

Kudos to u, LZ Mommy!

I think u are really a great mummy and wife ;-)

Lydia said...

Yo LZmommy,

I was laughing so hard on jacss' comment - "didn't he mind having to operate those cute mini bottles...", that my DH came over to take a look, I can tell that he is envious of your hubby. He was drooling over the "chicken&prawn paste sesame balls", me too. Boy, your family is so blessed to have you who prepare such delicious Bentos!

Take care LZmommy and Little Beanie :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies