Monday, August 25, 2008

Bento #75

Bento #75
From left, clockwise: Checkered shaped water apple, lotus root with peas, lion shaped rice, egg, chives & vegetable dumpling and sausages.


When my girl saw the 'lion', she said "Wah! This lion not scary at all, very cute!" At least she knows that's a lion and she called it a baby lion (cub). smile I used the egg sheet for the lion's hair, using a cutter. Hmmm.... I realised I yet to use some of the things. What to do... Usually L is the one that decides what she wants.

She told me her friend, Kevin said he envied her coz mommy always prepare nice pretty snacks for her. Well, I have nothing better to do in the morning. Hahaha... I think her friend didn't know that she is quite picky about food at times so I had to make effort to make it appetizing for her.

Surprisingly, I have so much time this morning to decorate the bento. I woke up without any idea what am I going to prepare. I usually prepare things the night before but not this time.

13 comments:

Lydia said...

Hiya LZmommy :)

That "checkered shaped water apple" looks interesting, what is it really?

Woke up without any idea and still came out with such nice bento? You are really gifted! ;)

Thanks so much for the scrapbooking tips! I can't wait to try them out with my girls' pictures! YAY!!

Rachel said...

checkered shaped water apple???!! how did u do that?

I'm sure her friends envy her, i will too!

LHS said...

wow, i really salute you, you are just so creative to make nice bento to your children!!

Jacss said...

must be very skillful to do d checker apple....me, dare not try yet, scare will cut myself, haha...
d lion looked cute!

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

waaaaaaaaaaah .. lion shaped rice .. :) lovely :)

Angeleyes said...

hahaha! yeah the lion look very tame and friendly wor...

Angie said...

wah! i like the lion!

Louisa May said...

Gosh ! All that effort even when preggie and need all the sleep ! Amazing !! btw - i just found out where to buy the peas ! Had always looked under the fresh veg section and didn't realise these were frozen ones !! aiyo, see how to make it ... hahaha

LZmommy said...

Lydia
*Blushing* Thank you :) Not gifted la... Getting lots of ideas from my bento books. :)

The water apple is jumbu actually and quite easy to do that :)

Yo are welcome :) Hope you have fun scrapbooking!

Rachel
Easy to do :) Just slice thin line then across. Then carve out alternate skin and you get the checkered shapes! :)

Huisia, Jacss,I am Princess Misha's Mum, Angeleyes & Angie
Thank you Ladies :)

Louisa
Thank you :) Aiyo... You should have asked me mah :)

WokkingMum said...

Hehe ... this is also very cute!

Sue Sue said...

The cute little lion is just so cute.

allthingspurple said...

love the lion and love the chequered apples ! I prefer this type of food art to drawing manga figures on the rice.haha!

3lilangels said...

So many cute ideas here in one bento. Decorating is so time consuming and I've been so lazy lately. You're such an inspiration.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies