Thursday, August 21, 2008

Maths Activity - L & My Ranting


I volunteered to help out for the P1 Maths Activity today (2 classes). Is is great to be back in school to help out and see my girl with her classmates. smile She was very sweet to tell me not to prepare bento for her this morning so I can sleep a little longer since I will be 'working' till I pick Z up. Thank you Sweetie.smile

It is tiring man! Just taking care of 2 classes today. The first class I took care of was L's class and my girl was very excited to see me. She hugged and kissed many times and especially when her group came to my table. L had fun at all the stations and of coz her favourite was the one I in charge. Hehehe...

During break time, we mommies had time to catch up with each other. First thing one of the mommies commented was "Wah! You pregnant at the right time! I am sure you will benefit a lot from the government!" Errr.... I got pregnant not because of that leh... And I don't think I am getting a lot from the government unless I am a working mother. We, SAHM, are the FORGOTTEN ones.... So sad...sad WE are not getting as much coz we are not contributing to the society and we are just SAHM only!

Anyway, I chose to be a SAHM coz I want to spend more time with my kids and I rather be the one bringing them up. LZdaddy, being the breadwinner, will have to SLOG on his OWN coz we decided that it will benefit our kids if I stay at home to take care of our children. Whatever it is, I have chosen this path and I have not regretted it since day one. I think enough of my ranting. Nothing will change no matter how much I said.

9 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

It's hard fact and reality that SAHM does not get any kinds of Govt benefit. Guess it's hard for the govt to justify SAHM.

Cannot imagine if those RICH SAHM tai tai's get govt benefits..it will be a waste of taxpayer $$... : (
(sorry for saying this..but hearing too much about all these rich SAHMs... : ( )

Of course, there are the genuine SAHM like all those that i know. I really salute all of you.. : )

cheers,
astee

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I didnt know that you're a SAHM :)

till now, I also have no regrets abt being a partime SAHM, bcuz I lost out on the perfks too (6 days CCL)

btw, is it tough to manage 2 kids on your own? how are you going to handle with 3 next time?

I alws want to have another one but my hub said TWO is ENOUGH as our hands and pockets are too full.

Rachel said...

just commented on another blog abt SAHM not getting benefits from govt..

who says SAHM are not contributing to the society?! You mommies sacrifice the social status/freedom just to make sure you bring your kids up to be useful person for the society! So who say you are not contributing?!

btw, got a baby bump tag over at my boy's blog, hop over when u are free.

blurblur said...

Yeah, I was telling my sis that SAHMs are the forgotten ones in the society...people tend to associate us with 'tai tai'...thus no need any benefits from the govt cos our hubbies are earning big bucks that's why we can afford to stay home...Yesh, that's what my friends told me when I tell them I'm now a SAHM...so sad right? :(

Health Freak Mommy said...

You quit work too? When? Welcome to the SAHM bandwagon :)

WokkingMum said...

Yeah, I think it's not very fair to us. Actually, we are nurturing the future of Singapore mah. Plus we don't have maids, so our part-time job is being a maid. ;P

Anyway, hope you are well. Take care. :)

shopaholic said...

So u r your girl's school volunteer? I'm thinking if i should be one too when Kieran goes P1 next yr.

I've always admire SAHM, if I have a better choice, I'd love to be one. I'd also love to have a 3rd kid (not due to govt's perks) but situation is not to our advantage to have another kid.

allthingspurple said...

I would love love love to be a SAHM! I am so looking forward to one day when I can be one!

And L hugging you so much that day, I think she is more proud of you than your table being her favourite activity.

Angeline said...

ya man! the government probably thinks that SAHM are so rich, that's why they can afford to Stay at home but somehow, it is the opposite, isn't it? Like me!!!! *Urgghhh*

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies