Sunday, September 21, 2008

Beanie @ 17+ Weeks

After our hotel checkout, we went for our important appointment which was Beanie's 17+ weeks checkup. I think LZ were more excited than us! They kept reminding us of the appointment, especially Z. biggrin

As like other visits, I have to measure my weight and blood pressure. My blood pressure was fine. Just a few weeks of being cautious with my weight gain before the last checkup, I began to lax and I paid a price for that.sad I gained 2.5kg! GOSH! That's not good and I really have to watch it. Blame it on LZdaddy! Haha! For buying lots of yummy stuffs for me to eat!

I told Doc about my pelvic pain and she told me since I have this problem with my previous pregnancies, this time the pain will come earlier. sad I am also having numbness with my fingers at times and my morning sickness is not completely over. I still get morning sickness once a while.

Something that we always look forward to is the scan.smile As usual, Beanie was sleeping (I think) and he wasn't moving much. This always caused me to worry and I think my Doc sensed it. She lightly 'jerk' my tummy so I can see Beanie moving. I think I am too paranoid..... We saw Beanie's heart beating so well, B's little stomach, B's hands and legs moving everywhere after woken up by my Doc. It was so nice to see Beanie opening his mouth and it looked like Beanie was yawning. smile

Then while Doc was talking, we saw something in between Beanie's legs! There is DEFINITELY something there! At this moment, I looked at LZdaddy and he was looking intently at the screen. I was sure he was thinking the same thing as I do. I immediately asked Doc to confirm.... Beanie is a BOY! When Doc confirmed it, L first reaction was "OH MAN! A boy?! Huh...... I want a meimei!" Z first reaction was "YEAH! Baby is a BOYYYYYY!" I couldn't stopped laughing! Both LZ has such different reactions! Doc was sweet to try to console L but she was very disappointed.

When we came out of the room, I talked to L and I told her not to be too sad and she will be my only princess and the special one. I'm sure she will get over it soon coz she loves to play with babies and once she sees Beanie, she will forget what she wished for.smile Z was sweet to console jiejie too "It's ok, jiejie. You are the special one and you are the only princess now. After didi comes out. We ask mommy to have a meimei for you." WHAT?! eek

LZdaddy and Z obviously are the happiest ones. LZdaddy thinks that we have less worry for boys than girls. We have given up on getting Z to learn taekwondo (after he fractured his arms twice), for fear that he will injured himself again and I'm sure LZdaddy hopes that our Beanie will be able to take up martial arts. Z is happy that he will have someone to share his toys with and to talk about boy's stuffs.smile

For me, it doesn't matter whether Beanie is a boy or a girl. smile So long Beanie is healthy and is a happy baby and that are what I wish for....

My dear blogging friends, did you guess right? smile

15 comments:

Oliveoylz said...

I laughed out loud when I read what ur son exclaimed..."after didi comes out, we ask mummy to have another meimei for you"...such a cute yet innocent remark. If only he understands what u have to go through carrying a bb for 9 months! ha ha. Congrats, nice to have another boy :)

J@n!ce said...

So fast your beanie is 17+ week already. What a cute little name you gave. Take Care :)

mIcHe said...

yay! a boy...i'm hoping mine to be a boy too. =) yes! go get one more meimei for jiejie. :P

3lilangels said...

Z must be so happy. At least Beanie won't have any more identity crisis, with jiejie calling him meimei. Girlet was disappointed. Like it's her meimei liddat... :D

Mommy Lose Weight said...

congrats of having another prince ! :) rest well ya

LHS said...

congrats!Z will have another brother to play with!

Angeline said...

Wow! A boy! you know I've always loved boys more than girls, though I did guess it was girl, cos both LZ think it was girl IN THE VERY FIRST PLACE, I trust the 6-sense of kids...

anyhow! yeah boy is good, oh any healthy child is good lah...

congrats! now its thinking of nice name time....*wink*

Health Freak Mommy said...

Yup, so long as bb is healthy, that's the best gift God can ever gift. Psst... psst.... boy can also 'change' to girl yer know. My gynae said Baby C was a boy initially but after a few weeks, the little birdie was gone!

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

I fully agreed regardless boy or girl, healthy Baby is what all mommies/daddies want most.. : )

Okie, tis round guess wrongly, will wait for next round, like what Z says...haha : P

Take good care ya..

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

I didn't guess beanie's sex because it didn't really matter....most importantly both beanie and you are well and healthy and happy...that matters most.....:)

allthingspurple said...

Yea !! now LZmommy can start buying blue instead of unisex colours.haha.

and *mind boggling* is the Mei Mei forthcoming in the future agenda?

blurblur said...

Another prince! Congrats! :) Glad to know that everything is going so smoothly...:)

And i can still recall the disappointment i had when i knew that botak is a boy...hahaha.. :P

Unknown said...

When you have a G & B, the next one is really doesn't matter. But then, like you, I am also hoping the 3rd one is a G. My wish came thru then. hahaha! Jia yu, try one more. kekeke.

Louisa May said...

Woohoo congrats !! L's going to love her lil' didi to bits, despite what she says now :)

Vyvy said...

hahahha ur little son is so cute! so generous of him to offer mummy to produce another girl for the jie jie hahaha

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies