Saturday, September 06, 2008

She PASSED!

WARNING!!! Long post with lots of pics and videos!

My dear girl, L for passing her BRONZE test! Yeah! We are so proud of her! biggrin

For the past few swimming lessons, instead of going through the test with L, he started training her for the free style. I was kind of worried and questioned him. He said my girl is very well prepared for the test. Aiyoh.... I am so 'gan jiong'! I should have faith in my girl...razz

It was such a BIG thing for us that we all went down to cheer for her! smile She was very nervous when we arrived at the pool and I had to encourage her to go for her warm up coz she was so nervous and shy when she saw many people there. Instead of doing 4 laps for warm up, she did only 2 coz we had to be ready 10 mins before the test.

While waiting, she was very nervous too. She didn't feel like talking and we had to assure her that she will do fine as long as she remembered what the coach has taught her.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Listening to the tester's instructions

Photobucket Image Hosting
About to jump in for the 1 lap. During this period, she kept looking at us for assurance and we had to thumb up her many times.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Jumping in for the "dead man float" and here's a video of her doing it:


Photobucket Image Hosting
Listening to instructions for the trapping water and the making of float. By now, she was more comfortable and asked tester question too.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Trapping water - We were worried she will get too close to the side and it is considered failed if she touch the side. Here's a video of her doing it:


Photobucket Image Hosting
L with her PJ float - Again, we were worried when I saw how small her float was... She tied too much and her float was small. We were glad she remembered what the coach told her what she should do if that happened. We were proud of her that she was very calm when this happened. Here's a video of her with her float:


Photobucket Image Hosting
Jumping in for her 8 laps.


L swimming the last lap! We told her before the test to take her time to swim and reminded her this is not a competition. Yeah! She was so happy when the tester told her she passed! We immediately gave her BIG hugs and Z also went up to congratulate jiejie.smile


LZ at Westin - Scrapblog Pictures, Images and Photos

In the evening, we went for buffet at Swiss Cafe @ Raffles the Plaza, her reward for passing the test! WELL DONE Sweetie! We are all so proud of you!

15 comments:

Angeline said...

*clap clap clap*
she was so close to the side during the trapping water towards the later part....I felt my heart cringed! Even though I know she passed eventually...
*laugh* That's how engrossed I was!

Jacss said...

wow...what an achievement! i can't imagine someone her age could do all these... too bad i can't view d videos now, shall be back to see d challenges....geng ahh!!

LHS said...

congrats!!how come they needed to wear something like pyjamas?

blurblur said...

Congrats L, you've done well! :)She's very brave for her age! Even I don't dare to do all these...haha..cos I don't know how to swim at all... :P

allthingspurple said...

Well done, L !!! That is quite an achievement in veiw of your age !!

Anonymous said...

Well Done L....good girl....you have done your daddy and mummy very proud....:)

Rachel said...

Congrats and well done L!

Unknown said...

Wah, didn't know swimming also got exam and such. Learn and see new things today. Swimming in the PJ is kinda funny. lol

rachelsee said...

well done! that looks like tough even for an adult! and thanks for sharing the video, now I know why I frequently see children in PJs at the swimming pool!

rachelsee said...

oh btw how long did they trap water? I can swim but I can't trap water to save my life!

Unknown said...

well done little L. I am glad that during my swimming days, there were no exams.. phew!!

Aces Family said...

well done L..and she is growing into a fine young lady and very pretty too..mommy has to start to shortlist phone calls liao..haha

cheers.
astee

Health Freak Mommy said...

Congrats! I only sat for my Bronze test when I was 14 yo and it was really fun, though very tiring.

J@n!ce said...

Congrates to your gal. I'm so proud of her too.
Btw, where do you get the pyjamas for the swim test. I heard it is not the normal kind that we wear to sleep? My sis was asking me the other day cos her boy need it for test :)

Louisa May said...

Wow !! Congrats L ! I don't think i could do eight laps :P

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies