Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ah Ma's Birthday!

Photobucket
Ah Ma with some of her grandchildren

After getting my beauty sleep, we met up with the rest of the family members to celebrate my MIL's 76th Birthday. My MIL is a very simply woman.... All she asked for on her birthday was to celebrate with her family and nothing fanciful.smile

We (LZfamily) gave her a BIG surprise this year! Not only to her but to some of our family members too! That is, she will have her 18th grandchild in February (she has 9 granddaughters & 8 grandsons for now). What a nice number! YES! We have been trying hard to keep this BIG secret from the rest and it has been a few months since we've met. For the first trimester, nobody noticed any difference in me. See? I am pretty good at keeping secret! Hahaha... I love the look on their faces, I mean their shocked faces! Hehehe... My MIL kept looking at me, I think she can't believe what she heard. Naughty LZfamily isn't it? razz After she calmed down, she started showing her concern for me.

This time, we allowed L to sit with her Gorgors and jiejies since she is old enough. She has always wanted to sit with them but we didn't want to trouble the rest to take care of her while they have their meals. Z wanted to join them too but he will have to wait another year... Of coz he still have his fun, going to their table whenever he was not eating.

It was another great family gathering! I'm sure Beanie would enjoy their company as much as LZ.smile

10 comments:

Angeline said...

that's a very heart warming photo... so did you change your mind about the 'shou tao'?

Happy Birthday Auntie! She does look like the way you describe her...

Something About Us said...

ur MIL is so blessed to have so many grandchildren around her to celebrate the BD :)

- Ling

Meekfreek said...

Your MIL looks very young and spritely for 76! What a lovely surprise for her too :)

Idy said...

She looks very young for her age! I am sure she is a blessed ah ma with so many grandchildren by her side...

Aces Family said...

hi "notti" LZmommy & Daddy..hee : P

So amazed that you guys can keep the "beanie" secret in the bag for so long..haha.

This is definitely a very good birthday pressie for yr MIL..; )

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Happy belated birthday to you MIL!

A simple birthday celebration request yet shows her happiness and love for her family.

Angie said...

you are really good at "concealing your stomach"!

LZmommy said...

Angeline
Thank you Angeline :) We did not order coz the restaurant served the buns too. Thanks for the info and I'm sure it will come in handy :)

Ling
Yes :) I think it would even better if everyone was there but can't possibly ask some of them to fly back :)

Meekfreek
Thank you for your compliment :)
Hey Meekfreek, I can't visit your blog for some time, do you think you could add me to your invited list pls? :)

Idy
I think so too :) I wonder how she took care of 8 kids on her own. Here I am 'complaining' taking care of 2 :p

Astee & Angie
Yes :p When they ask, I said that I put on weight :)

Vivien
Thank you Vivien :) I do hope she like the "pressie" :)

allthingspurple said...

wow.. blessed grandma for her many grandkids !!
Now that was a naughty LZ mommy, isn't it, for keeping the big secret from her MIL. haha !! Bet your MIL was delighted to no end !!!

blurblur said...

How did you managed to keep the secret?? Hee, we can't wait to inform everyone in the family once the line shows positive..haha...we just can't keep secrets lah... :P

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies