Friday, November 07, 2008

Chicken Pox

My dear boy is down with chicken pox!

Last night we saw a few spots and thought perhaps he was allergic to something or somewhere in our house must be very dirty. We just applied some cream for him before bed time.

This morning, we spotted more spots on him and by the time he was ready for school, he has spots on his face as well. We decided to let him skip school as we were not sure what it was and worried it may be contagious. Called the school to inform teacher....

Went to clinic at late morning and Doc confirmed that Z has chicken pox. Thank GOD it is a mild one... I thought it was impossible for him to get it since he had the chicken pox jab.... Anyway, he was given 10 days MC so that means his school holiday starts earlier than the rest. Doc said it may takes less than 1 week for him to recover and let's hope so too. Now I hope that L will not get it....

Guess what my dear boy asked for when I told him he is not going to school? He asked me to go school to collect worksheets for him! eek I can't book any holiday courses for him now coz I want to make sure he is fully recovered before enrolling into any classes. I called his piano teacher to cancel to class too.

He is still his usual self, which is a good thing.smile When he wants to scratch, I told him not to and he 'tap' on the spots. When I went to pick L up from school, I have no choice but to bring him along and leave him alone in the car. I know it is not safe but I can't leave him alone at home. I taught him to use the centre lock when I leave the car and not to open for anyone. I was so glad that he did as he was told. While I was waiting for L, I peeped at him and there he was, sitting quietly watching TV on his seat. smile

This is definitely not a good year for him... Sick for a few times, fractured him arm and now, down with chicken pox! Hope next year would be a better year for him....

12 comments:

Angeline said...

Oh dear!!!! Luckily its so near to school holidays, or else he'll definitely be missing much... and its a blessing that he got this AFTER the performance!

Idy said...

Yeah, even with jab can also get chicken pox, my son got it too. Don't worry, I am sure Z will recover in no time.

Mommy Lose Weight said...

really puzzled, if he has the jab before, how come still can get it ah?

Vyvy said...

ohh dear! hope he get well soon and you do take care too.

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

Hope Z will recover soon. Yes, heard that even wz the jab, there is still chances of getting chicken pox,just that the outbreak will be minimum.

May Z has good years ahead

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Thank you all for you concern :)

Ling,
I don't know why too and why should they have the jab when they will still get it?

Jan Lee said...

Both the Rays took the jab but both kenna chicken pox too....guess the jab isn't 100% guarantee....but am glad with the jab, it was mild, not too uncomfortable....

no worries lar, your kids are so well behaved.....actually I am more worried for you, i hope you have gotten chicken pox liao or else, may risk passing on to baby.....

let's hope next year will be a good and healthy year for all our kiddos.....:)

Elaine said...

I thought they wont get it if they get the jab too. :o Now I must watch out too. You got to too. I got chicken pox when I was 4 month pregnant. :P

Hope Z will recover soon and a better 2009 year for him . :)

allthingspurple said...

Poor Z. But what a good kid for wanting his work sheet !! Most kids would have been more than delighted not to do any work.

Did L get a chicken pox jab? Prevention is better than cure, after all. Ashley had chicken pox on her first birthday. It was quite bad too.

Rachel said...

poor Z. hope he get well soon so we can go out again!

blurblur said...

Poor boy, hope he's feeling better already!

Ya, heard from many of my friends that the jab is not 100% unless you took the booster jab or something like that...very confusing...

Am sure next year will be a better year for him! Take good care of yourself, Jane.

Oliveoylz said...

Good to hear that Z is still very active...good sign. Heard that with the jab, you can still get the virus but just a very mild one with minimal scarring. Hope you have had it b4. Take care, ok?

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies