Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Parents - Teachers Session & Report Card

Yesterday was Meet the Parents session as well as collection of report card. Needless to say, we are very HAPPY with her Results!biggrin She was nervous when we went to collect her report card. I was too! Hehehe...

L's form teacher (who is her English & Maths teacher) praised L for her improvement in her academic results as well as her maturity. She said she has definitely grown more matured.

"L's commitment towards excellence is always evident. She always does her best when given a task. She is able to identify some of her weaknesses and takes steps to improve on them. She has initiative in dealing with unexpected situations and carries her duties as a leader responsibly and efficiently. She has shown sustained commitment in her studies."
Her standing in class is 5th position! Wow! I didn't expect that! Did I hear it right?surprised And she is in the top 20 % for overall. My girl was in joyous mood when she found out. She can't wait for her pressie, something from High School Musical that she asked for and we promised her. Phew! Lucky she didn't ask for expensive rewards. razz

I asked teacher if it is compulsory for them to take CCA next year and she said no. I was glad... Coz L is planning to join her swim coach in competitive swim. smile Teacher told me if L took part in any competition or something similar, I am suppose to inform her so she record it down in L's personal file (I didn't know each of them has a personal file in school). I was wondering why should I inform her as L told me Ms Liang will not be her teacher next year. Then we received the good news is that she will be L's form teacher again next year. Yeah! She was so happy!

After that, we went to see her Chinese teacher. She commented that L is a very chatty girl, and sometimes, too chatty.razz She hope L will change for the better next year. We will talk to her about that. As she scored Band 1 for her Chinese, she has the choice to opt for Higher Chinese next year. We asked teacher for opinion, if L will be able to handle it. She said L shouldn't have any problem and she encouraged her to read more Chinese books. We also asked my SIL for opinion coz she is a primary school Chinese teacher and she said L should opt for that too.

I think it is pretty common that P1 or P2 kids scoring perfect scores or above 90%. If not for the careless mistakes, I think most kids would have perfect scores. I am thankful that my girl did very well for this exams. Now, I am worried for next year..... I may not have as much time to coach or guide her.... Hope she will do as well or even better next year. Jiayou Sweetie!

Today, L came back with another good news. She told me a parent volunteer came and took individual pics of her and 4 other boys from her class. All the classmates including herself were wondering why. Some guessed that they must be the most handsome & prettiest so they have their pics taken. Hahaha....lol Aiyah! I should have tied her hair nicely today.

The truth is they took pics because of their Maths in P1! L got the Top Improvement Student! Wow! Their pics will be displayed at the parade square! I think it is very encouraging that the school do that. I remembered after SA1 exams, we saw some of the students pics were displayed there and L told me she hope that by year end she will see her own pic there. She did it! We are so proud of you Sweetie! biggrin But remember my girl, don't be too proud ok? You must stay humble and continue to work hard. If not, you will not get such good results or even better next year.

Sorry if I sounds like I am bragging about my girl (which I think I amrazz) .mrgreen But I just can't contained my excitement and this is LZ's diary, so I would like to record it down.smile

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow!! I'm so proud of L too!! Top 5 in class and top 5 for maths for the whole P1!!!

Wish Rachel can do so well!!

Jess said...

Congrats to your girl, well done! If me, I'll be like you too, very proud of our girl...:)

blurblur said...

I can feel your pride as I read on!:) If I were you, I will be too! Well done, L, and Jane, you've done well in coaching her! :)

LHS said...

wow, Congrats! hehe..you didn't brag la..if i were you, i would do the same too..but can feel you definitely in joy, more joyous than L. :)

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

Like you, i would be proud if my girl did well in school..so it's perfectly normal and do "brag" more so we can share the joy... : )

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

well done, princess! you hv set an excellent example to your didis. :D no, i am not talking abt matching your academic achievement but your very positive attitude towards your studies. that is more important! see, your mommy is so proud of you!

Lydia said...

Hi LZmommy,

Congrats on your girl's excellent results! How exciting it must be for L to have her dream comes true: seeing her own pic displayed at the parade square! Praise God for that!! :)

allthingspurple said...

Jane, I would have been terribly proud too if I were you. Both your kids and Blessed Mom's kids are such high achievers. My guess is that you guys kids will go a long way !

Great job, L !!

Angeline said...

If I were you, I'll probably be floating!

"She has initiative in dealing with unexpected situations..." how many kids have such a virtue at this age?! Wow!

5th?! my niece is 5th in class too! but overall he class did badly, so nothing to be proud of for her side...

Top Improvement Student! Another Wow! Mommy, all your efforts during the exam-preparation period did not go to waste indeed!

LZmommy said...

Thank You all for your encouragement :) With so many Aunties giving her praises, I am sure L will do her best next year :)

Jacss said...

congrats on yr girl's achievement, beautiful gift that was to the parents, i'm sure!! keep it up!!

Oliveoylz said...

Congratulations L!!! Well done!

J@n!ce said...

Such a smart gal. L has made you proud. Good WORK :):)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies