Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bento #109

Bento #109
In the Box: Baked chicken drumstick, edamame, flower shaped carrots, quail eggs with crabsticks, onigiri with seaweeds.


Just received the Mickey & friends seaweeds from Teni. Thank you so much Teni! My kids love it and they can't wait for me to use it for their bento! It is so sweet of you to buy that for us from Japan. First reaction from L when she saw the bento was "Mommy! You finally use the seaweed for my bento!". I will have to make a bento with the seaweed for Z too before he knows.

We had the baked chicken drumsticks for lunch yesterday and LZ wanted more of that! Unfortunately, I have only 1 left so I used it for L's bento. Z wants me to get more drumsticks from the market today but I told him mommy not cooking on weekends. Seems like I have to get more for next week. Fresh chicken taste so much better than those I bought from Cold Storage and LZ know that too.

11 comments:

Angie said...

The onirigi looks great with the mickey seaweed! :)

i have been searhing high and low for edamame but i cant seem to find it... at least i cannot find it in shop n save and the cold storage in west coast plaza...

Angeline said...

Now, that's super unusual! All of us knows that Mickey and friends's origin is USA but seaweeds are from Japan.... What a perfect combination! *smile*

Angeleyes said...

Wow! That Mickey and Minnie seaweed looks cool!

blurblur said...

The seaweed looks real cute!

Jan Lee said...

The seaweed really looks very cute.....I wish I could prepare a bento set for Rayner to bring to school too so at least for sure I know he is eatign proper food, that boy, sometimes uses the pocket money we give him to buy crackers to eat.....nag him then he buys rice but alway ends up eating too slowly, by the time he is done with his rice, no more time to buy drink liao.....haiz!

LHS said...

wow,the seedweed looks so special. must be very expensive.

Jacss said...

i like yr onigiri...just a piece of cute seaweed already made d difference!!
that pool of flower carrot, edamame was beautiful beside d drooling drumstick!!

J@n!ce said...

I've not seem a Mickey seaweed before. L is so fortunate to have the first taste of it :):)

Lydia said...

Hi LZmommy, Teni is atttending the same church as you huh? Does she has a blog too?? I need to go ask her for the password! Haha!

Love your bento as always!

NomadicMom said...

Cute seaweed!

teni said...

left a msg yesterday but somehow it never got thru.

anyway, im glad LZ loves the seaweed! it complete the onigiri huh. v nice! i still got no heart to use mine haha!!

teni

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies