Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pumpkin Rice Recipe

Some of you were asking for the Pumpkin Rice (Bento #117) recipe which I just learned to cook from the TV programme. I can't exactly remember the amt needed for each ingredient but here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
- dried prawns (soaked)
- minced garlic
- sliced pork
- sliced mushroom
- diced pumpkin (I used Japanese pumpkin which I find it nicer)

Methods:
- wash and get ready rice with water in rice cooker
- fried garlic & dried prawns
- add pork & mushroom
- add seasoning
- pour over rice (in rice cooker) and on the switch.

Once it is ready, mix and serve.

*I added light soya sauce and pepper while frying the pork. You can also marinate the pork before frying. It is up to you what seasoning you want to add to suit your liking coz I forgot what was the seasonings. Hehehe.... I used only light soya and taste alright and I also adjust the taste as I was frying it. The next time, I'm gonna try using chicken.

This is a very easy one dish meal and hope you will like it as much as LZfamily.

9 comments:

Angeline said...

hmmmm... haven't tried before... maybe should.

hey, your widget say 6days to go leh... so exciting!!!!

blurblur said...

You're still posting!! :) yup, 6 days to go...can't wait to meet little Beanie! :)

My boys love pumpkin...maybe I should try this dish..thanks for sharing the receipe! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for sharing and will definitely try this recipe.

See you & beanie real soon...so exciting hor..like i am giving birth..haha : P

cheers,
astee

NomadicMom said...

Waaa...very very soon liow.... Excited to welcome your new addition??

Angie said...

i was thinking very hard after reading this post will i hv time in the morning to make the rice...maybe i can fry the ingredients the night b4 and cook in the morning! how clever of me!! hahaha!! (can or not huh, master chef?)

jean said...

Hi LZmommy, this post reminded me of what I ate during confinement. I must try to cook this again one of these days. Have a safe and smooth delivery.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Blessed mum said...

thanks for receipe!! Now I got another new dish for my dinner!!

btw, got an award for you on my boy's blog!

Shiny Stars said...

Wow thanks for sharing!

Woo hoo, 5 more days to go before little beanie comes out! So exciting!

Have a smooth delivery!

LHS said...

oh, i like pumpkin rice, will try one day!

you take care, hehe, almost pop liao!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies