Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who's My BaoBei? & Updates - L

*This post was in my draft since Dec! And now with the latest updates*

Most of the time when I speak to my girl in mandarin, I call her Baobei. Then recently I wondered how long can I call her that? I don't know if she would like me to call her that in probably a yr or 2. So I asked her...

L: Hmmm... You can call me that till I am 16.
Me: Why? (know the reason but just want to ask)
L: Very shy if mommy still calls me that when I am so grown up.
looking at my disappointed face she added
L: I love the way you call me so you can call me as that as long as you want. I also like when you call me princess and sweetie. *smile*

I know.... It is funny if I still call her that when she reach her teenage years... Even now, I don't say that out loud whenever we are out. I use it when we are having our small talk or when we are at home.

L is still doing well in school, apart from forgetting to ask me to sign some of the things and she forgot all about homework once during the first week. Now she is back to the school routine. She is proud to tell me that she is selected by her teachers to be the group leader again for both Chinese & English group. Her PE teacher appointed her and another student to take charge of the equipments.

Beginning of the year, there was a overseas student (from Australia) who joined their class for a week and her form teacher appointed her to be the buddy for the girl and 2 or 3 weeks ago, there was a a transferred student who joined their class and again she was appointed to be the buddy. I teased her, saying that she must be very kapoh in class that teacher always appoint her to do such things. Ok la... Very mean of me to say that. I told her that she must be very helpful in her teacher's eyes.

Since young, I don't have to worry much about L, she has always been a very independent & thoughtful girl. The thing that I worry about her are her academic and being too vain. I constantly worry about that.... With Beanie on the way, I worry more for her. This year is a important year for as there will be streaming at the end of the year. I do hope I have the time to handle everything. I think LZdaddy worried the most, she is our only princess.

Sweetie, mommy wants you to know that we love you very much, though we nag at you alot...

11 comments:

Angie said...

So nice to call your daughter "princess", "sweetie" and "baobei". actually, in the eyes of the mother, our children will always be the baby, prince/princess/ baobei/ baobao even when they are 50 years old!!! :D

As for her academic performance, i think it is alright for her to feel proud of her achievement. it's good self confidence. she will learn to be more humble when she meet with some setbacks. then we as parents step in to educate and advise. i personally think this is more effective.

Angeline said...

my boys INSISTED that I call them "Baby" (wrote about this before), and they DON'T want me to stop till they are as old as their dad. *laugh*

frankly, I think L is a superb daughter.... really!

MomsyWorld said...

hehe...i also call Ethyl the same! And I also call her cheeky baby sometimes.

She said I can call her till she becomes a Mommy like me! LOL...

She is good, Ethyl is proud of her achievement too...just don;t get too complacent, i think it is fine :) She put in her efforts and hardwork to attain that too!

Shiny Stars said...

Yes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! Our child will always be a child in our eyes :p

blurblur said...

I still call Damien darling, and sometimes if i forget,he'll remind me: "mummy, you must call me darling ok?" haha...but like you, I too wonder how long will I be able to call him that! :) And isn't it sweet to have a daughter whom you can call princess and sweetie?

L is such a wonderful daughter, I wish I have a daughter too! :P

Jan Lee said...

L is a wonderful kid....glad she is doing so well in school, you have no worries because you raised her well....wish Rayner will snap out of his state now and be like L.....:)

J@n!ce said...

I'm still calling my 2 boys "baby" still now. *blush*

They are still darlings in your heart !!

Happy Valentine's Day to you.
Come & spread the V love with me :)

http://janiceng.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentines-love.html

allthingspurple said...

L is such a great kid. She excels in almost everything she does.

As for baobei, haha.we still call my 28 year old kid brother "bee" cos he used to be called "baby"

kelly said...

I've been calling Qianyi "Darling" since she's a baby. :)

Jacss said...

hey jane, i thot by this time when i hopped over, i would be greeted with yr bb's arrival....but oopss not too soon yet!!
great that u still managed to enjoy the CNY so much...yr kids looked so happy in all the pics.

as for bao bei, i think it's not too bad for girl, imagine for grown up boy that is stil called babe, hahaha

icfamily5 said...

I call my second boy "baobei" or "beibei" and he insist on using it. I have to call my girl "ke ai".

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies