Friday, June 05, 2009

Holiday Creative Writing Workshop - L

I signed up L for the school holiday workshop for the week. It is a continuation of what she did for the March holiday. I am grateful to my friend, Pauline for sending & fetching my girl for the 5 days. She has been sending L home everyday after school and she offered to even help me during this school holiday.

This time, she was taught how to describe a character & setting, plotting of the story and dialogue. She was taught Braille (The Braille system is a method that is widely used by blind people to read and write) too!

She likes the story of this little girl, Helen Keller who was blind and deaf. This lady, Annie Sullivan who taught Helen how to read with her fingers, how to write and how to speak. In the end, this little girl grew up to be a great woman and devoted her to life to help others. She brought courage and hope go these people. I like it too and I think she inspired L to work harder.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

the sch so good! maybe i should get that book for my kids too.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies