Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beanie @ 5 months & Checkup

 Theses pics were taken when was exactly 5 months old on 25 July 2009

We went for his checkup today and I am so proud of my little boy! He didn't cry when he had his injection!  He was happily playing with the toy when the PD poked the needle into his thigh, he paused for abt 2 secs and continued playing.

PD is very satisfied with his growth and told me he has catch up with the weight gain. Phew!  Beanie now is about 60 percentile.  PD said that Beanie is ready for solids but I am still contemplating if I should start that early.  It is so easy to take care of him now, drink-sleep-play. Hehehe...  Besides, I love holding him and breastfeeding him so frequently.

@ 5 Months:
Weight: 7.7kg
Height: 66cm
Head Cir: 43.5cm

- He enjoys sitting with us when we have our meal.
- When I am drinking water and carrying him, he would lean forward to drink too.  In fact whenever we eat, he looks like he wants to eat too!
- He loves to make funny sounds with his mouth and beginning to blow bubbles with his saliva
- able to hold his milk bottle
- He loves to play Peek-a-boo,
- He loves it when I say the rhyme round & round the garden, with my fingers going round on his tummy and tickle him when I count 1 2 3.  He laughs everytime I do that.
- He also loves it when I sing 'Row row your boat', we hold hands and move back & forth(sitting down)
- He loves to 'stand' when we are holding him.
- When I say "you want mommy抱抱?" with my hands stretch out to him, he would lean forward with his hands towards me.
- Nowadays, he would push down the bumper in his cot or raise his head higher to see if anyone of us at the entrance of the room.  As soon as he sees someone and that person doesn't enter the room, he will cry or make noise. So cute! 
- He tries to roll towards me (on the bed) on the bed when I say "come to mommy"
- We can no longer leave him on the bed alone cos he will either moves forward or backward or turn facing other directions.

Little Beanie is a very cheerful baby.  He smiles at everyone! If I feel tired having to go out of the house to run errands (many times a day), all I have to do is to look at him and I feel energetic again.

3 comments:

mIcHe said...

he does look chubby now and 7.7kg, wow! that is a good weight for 5mo old baby. as for solid, wait till he is 6mo lar. ;)

blurblur said...

so glad to know that little beanie is growing so well!! :) well done, mummy! :) yeah, solids can wait, let him have exclusive breastmilk at the moment! :)

Lydia said...

He is all smiles! What a tough baby huh.. no cry at all for the injection, so cute~

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies