Friday, September 25, 2009

Beanie @ 7 Months Old


Little Beanie is 7 months old! Yeah! We had a small celebration at Swensen and I packed his dinner along. He definitely enjoys his meal better when he eats with us and probably more interested in our food.  He behaved well during dinner and only wanted to be carried when we almost done.  Not too bad except that he likes to bangs things on the table.  I think that is quite usual for a 7 months old, right?  That was what I remember about LZ. Hehehe....

After dinner LZ wanted to eat yogurt, their excuse, "弟弟 would like to try it."  My 2 older babies sure know how to get things they want.  So Beanie had his First taste of yogurt!  He loves it!  He loves anything that is cold!  If my mom or MIL see it, they will probably say "Aiyo!  So young cannot eat cold food!"  I think when comes to the 3rd one, I am a little 'switch off'...

He has 4 teeth growing out at the same time and hasn't been drinking well but at least he is willing to take solids.  When bf him, he bites me!  Ouch!  Hopefully he will stop doing that soon... I don't recall LZ doing that to me so often like him.

For his solids, I am glad that he eats whatever I prepared for him.  If he doesn't like the food for the first time, I won't force him.  I wait for another 2 or 3 days and try again and he will eat it.  When he is grouchy, coz of lack of sleep, all I have to do is serve him some fruits and he is all smiles again.  Quite easy to please isn't it? 

Beanie @ 7 Months Old:
- Lately he wakes up 1 to 3 times in the night!  Sometimes after feeding him, he will go back to sleep.  Otherwise, he will stay awake for 2 hours on our bed!  He babbles and giggles in the middle of the night, despite no one talking to him (we pretend to be asleep).  He touches our face, pulls our hairs, as if trying to wake us up.  
- He has 2 lower incisors and 4 coming out from the top! 
- He naps 2 or 3 times a day.  He usually needs to nap before meal, otherwise it will be tough to feed him when he is grouchy.
- He is able to sit for longer period but we worried he falls backwards, so we are always there when we place him in sitting position. He can't into the sitting position on his own but that is alright.  I know eventually he will be able to do it.
- Just started 2 solids & 2 serving of fruits a day, lunch & dinner time.  I noticed he enjoys his meal better when LZ is around,  like he is watching 'show'  & enjoying meal. Hehehe...  My 2 older babies 'entertain' their baby brother.  Can you imagine how noisy it is during our meal time? It makes meal time more enjoyable.
- He 'tells' me what he wants by babbling.  Eg. during meal time, when I feed him a spoonful of his solids, he 'gaga/ahah' and turns his head away and look at his water bottle.
- He is very impatient when comes to meal time!  I have to be fast otherwise he 'complains'! Very fierce man! 
- He is able to move forward, using leopard crawl and we often find him out of the mat.
- He no longer uses the board in the bathtub.  He likes sitting up during bath time. He tries to 'catch' the water when I use a little hanky up high and let the water flows down.
- His fav book for now is a monster book with wriggle eyes (we put our fingers in it ).  He gets excited and always try to catch hold of the eyes.
- He shows preference who he wants to carry him.  Of coz it is me! Sometimes my mom carry him and he turns to me and 'grumble'. 
-He is very excited when he sees LZdaddy back home!  He will stare at LZdaddy till he looks at him and gives him a very big smile and moves his hands & legs excitedly.  I wonder if he stays awake in the night (at times) so that he can spend more time with him.
- Show NO signs of stranger anxiety!  He smiles at everyone who looks at him and sometimes he smiles shyly and turns away.

3 comments:

blurblur said...

So fast he's 7 mths already!! ANd i love his smiles...sure can brighten up someone's day. :))

jean said...

So fast, beanie is already 7mo! I also fed Job yogurt hehe... and he likes it. I am like reading my own boy while reading this :-)

well done, Jane!

Lydia said...

For my 3rd child, I'm also quite "switch-off" on what goes in her mouth :P

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies