Sunday, September 06, 2009

I'm A Mom Video Shoot

We did something very special & memorable yesterday. I think it will probably be the one & only video shoot that we will ever do and I must thank Nuffnang for this wonderful opportunity. Details of it will be out by end September.

Initially, I thought the focus will be on the kids but no!  It is on ME!  If I have know earlier, I probably would have back out. Blamed it on myself for not listening clearly to the staff who called me.  Till the day before the shoot, I was still contemplating if I should quit. 

LZ were VERY excited about it when I told them.  L even told her friends in school and asked them to watch it and support me!*FAINT* They were excited coz it is something that they have never done before and I'm sure they have no idea what it was all about, all they know is they will appear with me in the few seconds video shoot.

I was very nervous about the whole thing and make it worst, LZdaddy had to leave for a last min business trip on Friday!  I was hoping he could drive us there and gives me moral support. But end up I had to google for the map for directions and get everyone ready.  I was very tired coz I sent LZ for swimming and when we got home, I got to rush to get everyone ready.

We arrived the place on time and I was rushed to the makeup room and the staffs were very sweet to entertained LZ and they have a table full of snacks!  My helper took care of Beanie.  He fell asleep as soon as we arrived and LZ had fun playing with the staffs.  They had time to log on to facebook too! 

I pity the makeup artist, she only had 15 mins to get me ready (we were supposed to have half hour) and my stubborn hair was giving her so much problem. The staffs finally had to give her more time coz the director was not satisfied with my hairdo, it was curling outwards.  They rushed for my shoot coz there were another 2 mommies coming in at the same time after me.

Finally it was time for the real thing.  Beanie woke up in time to join in the shoot but LZ were getting restless.  When it was time for fall in, they were all excited again.  I didn't know it was so TOUGH!  There were quite a few NGs!  It was either Z puts his hand at the wrong place, L not sitting at the right place, my hair out of place, Beanie needed his milk (we had to break for abt 15 mins so that I can bf him) etc..  I remembered one of the staffs said this is going to be easy coz my kids are older but they are wrong!  I think this is really testing the patience of the staffs.  Thank you to all the staffs who has been so patient with my kids and me.

Then I saw the other 2 mommies and their families arrived!  I was more nervous than I started!  The director told me that I am supposed to 'sell'(to get more ppl to 'click' on me) my blog and look confident.  Errrr...  How to 'sell' my blog huh?  It has never crossed my mind to do that and it is the truth that I have no confident at all.

LZ were very tired, Z was falling asleep on the couch and L was too tired to smile... So don't be surprised if you don't see anyone of us smiling in the video.  I have to resort to 'bribery' "Babies, be good and follow the instructions and we will have Mac for dinner later!"  That worked for LZ but not Beanie.  He was getting hot under the lighting and grouchy too.  Then he decided to talk whenever it was time for me to say my speech.  Finally it was over and we managed to get a glimpse of the NGs and the good take. LZ giggled throughout while watching themselves on the small TV screen.  So cute!

These are the only pics that I managed to capture on that day. 
It took about 3 hours for that few secs of fame.  It was very very tiring....  I must say that my Babies did quite well, better than me! Hehehe... AND what most important is that my Babies had fun!  Before we leave, the studio staff asked me if LZ would like to audition if there's client wants kids of their age.  I asked them and they replied "Yes!  So fun!"  *FAINT*

Overall, it is a fun experience for us and an eye opener too.  Never know how a shoot is done, never know that every little detail matters and I have not had a professional makeup done since my wedding.   Frankly, I have no idea why am I selected.  My blog is my kids' journal and at times bento postings and at times, my thoughts.  When I read 2 of the mommies' blog, my 1st impression was "WOW!"  These are definitely the parenting blogs they are looking for, not mine. Besides, I can't write as well as them!  I was probably chosen just to make up the numbers and I definitely don't expect myself to win.  I just hope that I don't get 0 vote!  Hahaha...

9 comments:

Lydia said...

LZmommy! I'll vote for you, definitely!! ;)

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

wow..the experience sounds like good fun and yes, definitely tiring for the children.

Well, let us known when/where to vote and we will click for sure!!

cheers,
astee

Oliveoylz said...

Wow! This sure is fun for the whole family. Very memorable and exciting. I want to vote for you!

blurblur said...

See, so many of us will vote for you, so won't have 0 vote lah..hehe.. :)

Jia you, Jane!! :)

Angeline said...

So cool!!!!
your experience reminded me of my experience when I was chosen to be the panelist in Working Mothers Forum.... hey at least you don't need to be infront of 200 over people!!
*laugh*

I'll be here to vote! for sure! I have got a feeling that someone nominated you..... *wink*

Beautiful Love said...

Wow u look great!

My vote goes for u for sure!

Denesa said...

Jane, you looked great on that day! In fact you sounded confident when you read your script:) Oops...I didn't know that I gave you pressure after I arrived:( Just a friendly competition and so no worries. At the end, we gain more friends:)

Blessed mum said...

you look great!!

Mamabliss said...

Don't worry Jane, you'll definitely have my vote!!! :) and like you said, at the end of the day, the experience is something great to bag even we don't win anything... like you, I'm not expecting to win too teehehe... the fun is sufficient for me!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies