Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Long Weekend

It was a tiring long weekend... We thought we could relax and enjoy it but both my older babies are very sick, fever & vomiting..

First it was L, she woke up middle of the night (Saturday, 19th @ 2+am) to vomit.. Her pajamas was full of it. After cleaning up, she went back to bed and Beanie woke up for milk. When I brought him back to their room, I heard L vomited again. This time, it was all over her blanket, soft toy and pillow. She must be very tired... She was still sleeping and I had to wake her up.

The next day (which was Saturday), she was down with fever and vomited a few more times. LZdaddy brought her to the clinic. After taking the medicine, she slept. We separated her from her brothers but we didn't do a good job... Z started vomiting after lunch, shortly after that he had fever. After seeing doctor and taking his medicine, he slept.

I was very worried and tired too, it has been a long time since both fell sick at the same time. Both didn't have the appetite to eat and slept most of time. I had to constantly check on them and bring whoever to the toilet when they need to vomit. It is so rare that our house was so quiet and I was definitely not used to it.

By evening, L's fever subsided but Z not much better. This afternoon he scared me! I was with him in the toilet while he was vomiting. He was not responding to me when I asked if he was alright. I tapped gently on his face and no response... His eyes were opened but he was not responding! I panic! I cried! I think it was after a few mins (or was it a few seconds?) before I heard a weak reply "mommy..." but it sure seemed like a long time... I hugged him and told him how scared I was... The last time I felt this way was when he went for his arm operation. L was there, trying to help and she was worried too.

As if I don't have enough to handle, my helper gave me more!  We had enough of her and decided to send her back to the agent.  I told Hub that even if I have to 'survive' few weeks without one, then be it!  It is a long story...  If I have the mood, I may post about it some time later.

Today, both feel better but still weak.  They were resting most of time and it was so unlike them to be in bed throughout.

Updated on 21st Sep, Monday:
I am 'maidless'  now!  And hub drop 'a bombshell' to me after she left, he may have to go for business trip soon!  HELP!!!!!

7 comments:

Little Impala said...

*Hugz* I hope both children are feeling better by now.

Don't worry about being maidless. Just make sure to take things slowly and focus on enjoying your three baobeis. All other chores can wait.

You can do it, Jane!!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

wow..it's so worrying to hear that both LZ were sick and glad that they had recovered by now.

It's not easy to handle all 3 without maid, esp now nearing exam, you will need to supervise L more on her revisions.

Knowing LZ's well behavior, i know you can manage. AS for housework, you may consider getting those PT aunties to come in to help a bit.

Take care.
astee

Angie said...

oh oh. it has been a week since this was posted up. i hope your kids are fine by now!!!

blurblur said...

Hope the kids are well and about now..it's always so worrying when the kids are sick...

Don't worry about being maidless, just concentrate on handling your babies, housework can work. Take care, Jane.

Oliveoylz said...

Hope both kids
are alright now...It was scary when I read L took quite some time to respond when he was vomitting in the toilet. I know exactly how you feel. It's a very panicky and scary moment. Don't worry about being maidless. Just close one eye on the housework. Just concentrate on the kids first. Everything will fall in place in time...

sunshinensunflower said...

Hope the kids are better ;-)

Jane, I actually prefer not having maid around too actually. Am also plotting when I can send mine back, maybe once my small gal goes school next year.

Lastly, I know you can do it. You have the never say die attitude !

Angeline said...

*huge huge hugs*
I wanted to comment on the latest post about you worrying about your kids...

Mommy, you have to learn to let go... learn to trust them and yourself... learn to give them confidence due to them...

I completely understand about the fractured arm. I remember that post. *huge huge hugs*

Mommy, now you have 3, you MUST stop giving extra pressure to yourself by worrying... I see L and Z are really amazingly independent children. Mommy, you have done well... so give yourself some air, girl....

*hugs*

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies