Sunday, October 25, 2009

Beanie @ 8 months


Little Beanie turns 8 months old exactly on LZdaddy's birthday!  We celebrated both the occasion at home coz L is preparing for her exams.

Baby Z is a very cheerful baby.  He smiles at everyone!  Be it our neighbours or strangers on the street.  He may smiles at everyone but when someone wants to carry him, he will turn away..

I am very happy that I am still breastfeeding him and I enjoy it!  His milk feed is still on demand, so whenever he wants to drink, he will make funny sounds and turns towards me and I know he wants to drink.


At 8 months old : -
- He has 3 solids a day.  Breakfast usually with Z before he leaves for school. 
- wakes up once for night feed.  He is my only child that still wakes up in the middle of the night for milk feed at this age.
- He is trying to crawls on all fours but still creeping.  He loves crawling to the kitchen nowadays coz I am back cooking for us (since my maid can only fry vegetables). 
- able to sit unsupported.  He falls backwards couple of times and hit his head, he cries but usually we can easily pacify him.
- Can pull himself up to standing position.  Loves checking what's on the sofa since most of his time is in the living room.
- Learning to use pincer grip.  At meal time, sometimes I will prepare diced carrot or other food for him to try picking it up and he enjoys it.
-  now he has 4 teeth, 4 central incisor (top & bottom) & 2 lateral incisor (top) coming out soon.
- He babbles alot!  I love to hear him say "mama... mum mum!"  I mentioned that in one of the posts too.
- He loves to kiss me with his mouth wide opens!  Haha...  When I ask him to kiss me, he will lean forward and happily opens his mouth to kiss me and most of the times leaving saliva all over my mouth or my cheek.  When LZdaddy tried asking him to do it, he turned away.  He doesn't want to kiss his siblings too.
- trying to train him to sleep on his own, but unsuccessful.  In the afternoon, sometimes after nursing him, I will leave him on the bed. He cries for a short while and falls asleep but sometimes he doesn't and I have to nurse him till he falls asleep or I have to sleep with him. 
- his favourite book is the Thomas peek-a-boo book.
- He likes to 'destroy' (push down) the tower we built (using plastic cups or bowls).  He giggles when he sees it falls apart.
-  He likes it when I lie down and raise him up high.   

1 comments:

blurblur said...

Happy 8 month Beanie!! He's growing so well now!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies