Friday, October 09, 2009

Coping Without Maid

During these few weeks without a helper, I am like a mad woman, trying to do everything on my own and at times LZdaddy help me. 


LZ have been wonderful most of the times, apart from me having to nag them clear up their study table before bedtime.  L helped me sweep the floor while I am busy cooking.  She may not do a good job but it is the thought that counts.  When we have the elder one setting as an example, the younger one follows.  Z offered to do it too.  I let him use the magic clean instead...   I don't want both of them to fight over  such a trivial thing.

They help out with little things too.

- When I feed Beanie and  ask for the wet tissue box, either one will go to the room and get it for me.
- help to set up table when it is mealtime and bring the dishes out to the table
- They help to clean the table after meal
- pack up Beanie's toy
- they play with Beanie while I am busy with chores/cooking

These are just some of the things they do...  I used to think during these 7 months when we have a helper, my 2 older ones have become lazier and worried what will become of them if we don't have one...  The helper prepared things that they need and I was worried how am I gonna handle them plus taking care of Beanie.  They proved me wrong (most of the time).  I think we are doing quite well except that the house is a little messy, I have less time on my computer and no nap time for me.  Hehehe...  The only thing that I don't like is IRONING!  The one that complains is LZdaddy coz he needs to come home early to help me. Hahaha....  Can't blame him...  He works the whole day and when he comes home, he still have to help with the chores.  Thank you my dear hubby! 

I am thankful that during this period, my mom prepares lunch for us and bring it over to our house.  Some great friends who offer to help me fetch/send my kids and settle L's lunch if she has enrichment on that day (so that Beanie can takes longer nap).  You know who you are my dear friends. 

We are still waiting for  the agent to choose a right helper for us.  Meantime, I just have to do everything and take care of our virtual farms, restaurants & pets. Hahaha... AND enjoy times with my family without outsider around.

4 comments:

Aces Family said...

We have another thing in common..haha. I don't like IRONING TOO!!! Luckily, my IRON WOMAN aka my mom comes in once a week and she irons our clothing for us..hehe.

Yes, such logistics help are truly appreciated when u are alone handling all the children.

Hope that your new helper work out this time round and relief you of the misc chores.

cheers,
astee

Lydia said...

How's your helper fairing now? Heard that she is a bit slow... I'm still searching for mine. :(

blurblur said...

L & Z are such a dear! Seems like you are coping rather well without a maid! Cos you've got two super helpers hehe.. :)

Rachel said...

l n z r so good i really must learn from them

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies