Monday, December 07, 2009

Silver!


My girl passed her SILVER AWARD for swimming!  Soooo proud of her!  Actually she should have passed the test few months ago if LZdaddy did not lost the slip that informed us of the test date.  She missed the date and have to wait till now.

L was very nervous and no confident at all! It is written all over her face! She kept asking me "Mommy, what if I fail?" It is very unlike her to be so pessimistic.... I have to assure her that it is going to be ok and she just have to do what she usually do when she goes for her swimming lessons.  See the pics?  The middle one was taken before the briefing by the tester. 2nd one, taken when she completed the 4 mins swim and the last was taken right after encouragement from me.

I knew the test is a lot more tougher than the bronze but I never knew it was THAT TOUGH till I see her went through the whole thing today!  To me, the toughest was swimming 800m using different strokes... That's tiring man!  Ok ok... I admit I don't have that kind of stamina..  Hehehe...

First, straddle or jump into pool and swim 100m within 4 mins.  Her timing was 3mins 16sec.  Not too bad hor?

demonstrate ability to 'drown-proof'  for a minute.  Tread water using one arm, with one arm at the back of body for another minute.  I wonder if I can still float!  Hahaha....

Immediately after that, tread water using both arms for 3 minutes.

Undress in water (t-shirt and pajamas), make float with pants and use it to swim 25m using legs only.  She struggled a little with the float but managed to complete it.

Execute 2 dives: 1 head first and 1 leg first. Each dive must swim submerged for at least 5m.  This is what she enjoys doing!
Lastly, swim 200m using backstroke, 200m using side stroke and 400m using breaststroke or freestyle.  I think this was the toughest man!
After the test, L rushed for her holiday programme but she missed the morning outing...Nevertheless she had fun with here friends.

My hp gave me problem today and all videos so blur... Aggrrrhhhh..

3 comments:

Aces Family said...

well done to L...it's definitely not easy.

Anthea just passed her Bronze today and looking at the Silver, i think she will have to swim very hard..: P

Angeline said...

*clap clap clap*
Whoo-hoo!
Awesome L! Awesome!!!!
congrats!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

congrats!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies